THE 6 FAB THINGS I ATE IN 2014
Another year has flown by and that means its time to recap all of the fabulous eats I came in contact with in 2014. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was sitting down to write my 10 Fab Eats of 2013 and now Im here again. 2014 was a delicious year food wise, but this year I felt I had some surprisingly amazing bites from some unsuspecting places. From eating at new restaurants in NYC to getting some sun and fresh food in California, this year was another one for the foodie books. Here are The 6 Fab Things I Ate in 2014...
1. Chalk Point Kitchen - Any time someone asks me where they should dine next, I reply "Chalk Point Kitchen" in Soho. This was hands down my favorite meal of 2014, as I sat inside this vintage-y farmhouse inspired restaurant cracking into whole lobsters, and savoring the freshness of my handmade burrata appetizer and roasted heirloom carrots.
2. EggSlut - Traveling for work can be great especially when you travel to LA and beat the crowd to EggSlut for breakfast. This egg sandwich is like none other, and to think Ive had a million sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches. Make sure to grab a seat at the counter to watch these crafted sandwiches and coddled eggs disappear by hungry customers.
3. ANIMAL - I love restaurants that play it simple with decor and WOW with food and service. Dining at ANIMAL and experience California locality and unexpected flavor combinations really made me think about food coast to coast. My favorite dish during my meal was the yellowtail collar with citrus and palm sugar. Collars are so underused and ANIMAL makes sure its the star of the evening.
4. Vinateria - A small restaurant located on Harlem's acclaimed restaurant row, I had a amazing dinner (grilled pork blade included!) and experience. Vinateria will become my go to spot in 2015, and I cant wait to try brunch as well.
5. Atlantic Grill near Lincoln Center - Seeing Atlantic Grill time and time again, it never really crossed my mind to stop in for diner. Boy was I wrong. Everything I had that evening was perfectly cooked, fresh and flavorful. With sushi and a very strong menu, Atlantic Grill at Lincoln Center was one of those meals that you can go to again and again.
6. Kristabelli - When New Yorkers hear "Restaurant Week" and dull sigh usually happens. I rejoice in Restaurant Week because it gives me a push to get out and try all the places on my foodie list. This year, I headed to Kristabelli, and discovered the wonders of Wagyu and dry aged rib eye steak..cooked on a smokeless crystal table top grill. Lets not forget the popcorn ice cream, and clear glass wine wall. This is a great place for date night in 2015.
What did you eat that was fabulous in 2014?