|Happy Holidays !|
I still can not believe its Christmas time already. I know I said that writing my Thanksgiving post, but seriously time is flying and Im playing catch up. It feels like I was just sitting down at my desk just last year putting together Eating Fab's 5 Holiday Foodie Gift Guide and what do you know its time to do it all over again.
This year, as I was brainstorming what to gift for the blog, small independent food focused businesses came to mind. I see and even know a number of people who have launched their own food projects and businesses, and with sticking to my motto for Eating Fabulously, I sought these businesses out, because I want you guys the fabulous eaters to know about them. These fab foodie gifts are perfect for anyone (or yourself!) that loves all things food.
1. Food is What I Do Cookbook - My friend, business partner and Chef de Cuisine of the new Harlem hotspot The Cecil , Joseph JJ Johnson recently published a cookbook titled, "Food is What I Do". In his first cookbook, Chef JJ showcases his love for fresh food as he has put together a collection of recipes that take him back to special moments in his life. Recipes such as Flaky Fried Chicken, Homemade pasta with Mushroom Ragu, and Shrimp and Bacon fritters, are for the foodie that loves to eat in and dine out. Restaurant inspired recipes that you can make in your home and share amongst friends is what Chef JJ was aiming for. With a surprising twist, I co-authored this cookbook! Purchase our first cookbook on
Amazon.com | Barnes & Noble.com |Instagram
2. Evelyn's Kitchen - I had the pleasure of visiting Evelyn's Kitchen recently, after quietly stalking there Instagram account for quite some time. I fell in love with the pictures of there baked good and meals, so on one of my foodie outings with my best friend, we marched right into Evelyn's Kitchen located on 1st Avenue in Harlem. We ordered quite a few sweet treats that day, but thats the day I also fell in love. The freshness and quality of the products are outstanding. As I watched a employee carefully hand tie ribbons on packages (with a smile), I just knew I had to share this amazingness. Evelyn's Kitchen will gift and ship their sweets nationwide through there E-commerce boutique OR will gladly help you in store. Holiday catering menus, take out, and chefs table services are also available. I beg of you to purchase the banana pudding pudgies with white chocolate. Im STILL thinking of them as I type.
Evelyn's Kitchen | Instagram |
3. The Urban Chic Chef Apron Collection - If you know a female foodie who loves to entertain at home and look fabulous while doing it, the Chic Chef Apron Collection by my friend Nichole Adriane has you covered. Perfect for the fashionable foodie, the made to order aprons are inspired by chic cocktail dresses, starting with the "Nichole" feminine flair with leopard print and the "Lenora" with a halter top bodice and single peplum skirt . Ranging in sizes small - x large, be sure to grab one for the foodie who does all things fabulous. Aprons start at $80.
Nichole Adriane | Instagram |
4. Essie Spice - On my search to find independent food businesses, someone directed me to Essie Bartels, owner of Essie Spice. Using her palate and inspiration, along with her West African heritage, Essie developed 4 sauces highlighting flavors that are a must have on your plate. Flavors, "Shrimp Tastic", "Tamarind-OH" , "Mango Chili Melody" and "Meko Blend" can be purchased on Essie's website for that fabulous foodie in your life that LOVES flavor.
EssieSpice | Instagram| Email | Tumblr
5. Popcorn Queens - April Wardlaw, along with her mom have constructed Popcorn Queens, a gourmet popcorn business. Every fab foodie knows that caramel popcorn is amazing and the Popcorn Queens have added their spin on it. With sweet and sweet and salty flavors available, you can have salted caramel, chipotle, or cinnamon apple popcorn delivered to your home. Made fresh and packaged, be sure to place all orders for the Popcorn Queens by December 20th to ensure Christmas arrival. I have my eye on the Holiday Royal Sampler!
Popcorn Queens | Instagram |